Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting -- it's been too long.  Holidays and weather played havoc with our Jane Club meetings.  First our rescheduled November meeting got snowed out in December.  We had our December meeting on Dec 22 - a week early and have yet to have out November meeting (It's rescheduled for Wednesday February 9 2011!)  At our December meeting we worked on paper piecing using some of Carol Doak's techniques.  I've scanned my cutting charts for about 10 of the DJ blocks that I've done using that method.  I'll try to get them uploaded so you can link to them from this blog.  Remember I'm using an "add an 1/8" ruler, so if you decide to use and "add a 1/4" be sure to add an inch or so to my measurements --- you might want to do that anyway (based on our experiences Wednesday night!)  When in doubt go bigger!  I'll try to put a little video tutorial link up here in the next few days.

Before I forget, the challenge blocks for next month - H-13:  Farm Fields and TR 4:  Bennington Cross.

We exchanged Siggie blocks - if you want to try a "mini siggie challenge" put your 5 blocks together in some "creative" way ---- hows that for an open ended challenge???

Teachers Open House is this Sunday at Tiger Lily.  If you plan on staying in the Jane group you need to sign up for the next 4 months.  Next sessions dates are Jan 26, Feb 23, March 30 and April 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment